INDEX | RULES & INFORMATION | SUPPORT FORUM | DOCUMENTATION | SEARCH | MEMBERS | TWITTER | TERMS

Add Reply
New Poll

Where to Start?
Camlann
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 10:42 PM

2 POSTS
28 YEARS OLD
Pacific Coast
07/09/2016
Female

I'm hoping this is where to post this, I'm still fairly new to posting instead of lurking so here it goes.

So, I've got an idea, a pretty set up board, and have set some rules up for the RP I currently want to do. But I've worked on these things by myself, and having asked around to friends that roleplay, realized that I'm pretty much on my own for this forum. Now I'm in a particular situation where I have this thing I want to do, it's all set up, but I don't even know where to start. I don't have a base of people that I talked over this idea with or will start right away, it's just me and despite having been a mod in the past on other sites, have no idea where to begin with a forum when it's just that. And, despite reading a ton on here about how to promote and things, I still feel as if I need a player base before I even start promoting, as if to say "come join us" instead of "come start with us!" if that makes sense.

How do other sites do it? Do you have a set admin group that you cull together first from people you already know to be reliable/semi-reliable or do you rely on the hope for strangers to take interest route through promotion on other forums to get things off the ground?

Currently a Work in Progress
user posted image
PM
^
CamilleNicole
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 06:19 PM

68 POSTS
24 YEARS OLD
N/A
01/24/2014
Female

You'll want a few admins to give the illusion of activity at first but you can definitely start promoting once you have that.

KnB roleplay coming soon.
Idol RP coming soon.
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Roleplay Management | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -