INDEX | RULES & INFORMATION | SUPPORT FORUM | DOCUMENTATION | SEARCH | MEMBERS | TWITTER | TERMS

Add Reply
New Poll

Struggling with a love story development
Elena
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 02:08 AM

211 POSTS
49 YEARS OLD
Bucharest, Romania
10/13/2013
Female

Most of us know that we won't remain happily forever with our first love. I, the writer, know it too. (Of course the character doesn't at 18, she will learn it during the story).

She got a teenage crush on an important man when she was 14. She hadn't labelled it as love until a friend heard her confessions and labelled it as such (she was 18 now, and happy to live in his shadow, to admire him from afar. As she had characterised this puppy love a few years later, "I loved Alessandro more with a faithful shepherd dog's love, silently jealous when the master seemed to prefer a little lapdog with a ribbon, than with a maiden's love. My love for Luigi is different, the one for a best friend, trusted adventure partner, my soulmate.")

But from here, coming to work in his shadow, until showing openly her love for Alessandro in the last moment (when he is led to execution), I need to have it developed a little, for the writers to care for it and connect with it, and this is what I am struggling with. Again, it is NOT the main love story of the book, but even after Alessandro is lost and she finds Luigi, she is still thinking of him here and now (well, I am happily married for 14 years, and still thinking from time to time about 2 previous love interests, in the human way "I wish they are well and happy", or "I remember this moment from high-school...which involves him", or "I remember this place I visited only once, with him", not in a "what if" or anything like this. She is the same way.)

This is why I need to develop those moments beyond the 4 pages I wrote for 2 years of her life, to make the writers care for that little, unrequested, one-sided love story too, and I don't know how. Please, help.

I had introduced him getting wounded and she watching him, together with her best friend, the young nurse, and also her making an act of courage in saving his life (later dismissed as "I have done it for serving the Republic, Sir".) Still I don't think I have achieved what I wanted, and I don't know how to go about it.

] user posted image
||Tumblr|| Pinterest|| Facebook||Youtube||
Recommending:
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Writing Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -